The 2018 Budget and Tax Rate Workshop is designed
for elected officials and city staff who have a role in
developing or implementing the city’s budget.
This full-day workshop will cover:
- The basics of the budget and tax rate process
- An overview of the laws governing budgets and tax rate setting
- How the budget serves as a road map to city staff
- Forecasting municipal revenue
- Expenditures and financial reporting
- How politics can play into the budget and tax rate process
All workshop participants will receive a link to download the TML Revenue Manual for Texas Cities, which discusses nearly every known source of municipal revenue from property and sales taxes, to raffles and cemetery taxes.