Welcome to the 2022 TML Budget and Tax Rate Workshops!
These in-person workshops are designed for elected officials and city staff who have a role in developing or implementing the city’s budget.
Your next opportunity to attend:
- May 20 in Belton – Sold Out
- June 30 in Bastrop
Each workshop will cover:
- The basics of the budget and tax rate process
- An overview of the laws governing budgets and tax rate setting
- Components of a budget and its implementation
- Forecasting municipal revenue
- Expenditures and financial reporting
- Must-have resources for budget planning
The workshop will conclude with an audience question-and-answer session with real-life city examples and issues that come up during the budget and tax rate setting process.