The 2020 Budget and Tax Rate Workshops are designed for elected officials and city staff who have a role in developing or implementing the city’s budget.
Next opportunity to attend:
- April 23 in Austin–SOLD OUT (waiting list email: email@example.com)
- May 14 in Rockport
- May 28 in Belton
This full-day workshop will cover:
- The basics of the budget and tax rate process
- An overview of the laws governing budgets and tax rate setting
- Components of a budget and its implementation
- Forecasting municipal revenue
- Expenditures and financial reporting
- The impact and implementation of Senate Bill 2
All workshop participants will receive a link to download the TML Revenue Manual for Texas Cities, which discusses nearly every known source of municipal revenue from property and sales taxes, to raffles and cemetery taxes.